Few personalities remain immortal for ages beyond their mortal end and that’s because of their passion, dedication and will power towards the earnest dreams. Doing just to their duties and profession and that’s what our late honourable Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalitha, who is loved by zillions not alone for her political realms, but for the wonderful and awestruck journey in film industry of 20 years. Top 10 Cinema as a token of ode brings you rarest and interesting Trivia about these legendary Iron Lady in film industry.
1. She was born on February 24, 1948 to Jayaraman and Sandhya couple and she later became a reigning queen of Indian film industry.
2. She holds several superlative adjectives to her name. She was named as ‘Komalavalli’ and fondly called as ‘Ammu’ and she ventured into showbiz as Jayalalitha. Makkal Thilagam MGR called as ‘Vaayadi’ and her political name was ‘Puratchi Thalaivi’ and later she was loveably addressed as ‘Amma’ by everyone.
3. Not alone Tamil, Jayalalitha holds a proficient linguistic skill and command in English, Kannada, Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu that made her the topmost heroine of the country.
4. Her film journey consists of 87 films in Tamil, 29 in Telugu, 7 in Kannada, 2 in Hindi and a Malayalam film titled ‘Jesus’, which tots up to 125 films that goes inclusive of 8 movies that featured her in dual roles. Her 100th film was Thiru Maangalyam.
5. Much before entering into film industry, she had acted in an English Documentary film titled ‘Epistle’ directed by Former Indian President VV Giri’s son Shankar Giri.
6. In 1961, she was a part of Kannada movie as a child artist, where she played the role of Goddess Parvathi titled ‘Sri Saila Mahatme’ and in 1962 as Lord Krishna in ‘Manmaaji’, a Hindi film featuring Kishore Kumar in lead role.
7. Her first film featuring in female lead role was Kannada film titled ‘Chinnadha Kombe’ in 1964.
8. In 1965, she made her debut in Telugu industry through the movie ‘Manushalu Mamathaalu’ and in 1980 was a part of last Telugu film titled ‘Naayakadu Vinayakadu’ with the same actor Nageswara Rao in lead role.
9. Her debut film in Tamil was ‘Venniradai’ at the age of 16 that had story, screenplay, direction and production by veteran filmmaker Sridhar. Hema Malini was the initial choice for female lead role in this movie and later spellbound over the performance of Jayalalitha signed her up.
10. Aayirathil Oruvan was her first film with Makkal Thilagam MGR and from then she acted with him in 28 movies among which almost all of them were blockbuster hits.
11. In 1960, she made her first ever professional performance of Bharatanatyam arangettram, which was presided by Late actor Sivaji Ganesan. She was highly appreciated by Sivaji Ganesan, who later shared screen space with her in 17 movies.
12. It is worth mentioning that in the first film with Sivaji Ganesan, she had played his daughter role (Motor Sundaram Pillai).
13. In a span of just 3 years (1966-1968), she acted in 50 films and much particularly in 1968, she had 21 releases.
14. In Telugu she had acted with NT Rama Rao in 11 films, 8 films with Nageswara Rao, 2 films with Krishna.
15. She pursued a professional training in Carnatic music and she is such a proficient singer with her great talent in playing piano. She has crooned around 11 songs in the Tamil movies. Additional, she has rendered three spiritual songs for the musical composition of Kunnakudi Vaidhyanathan.
16. When the films were dominated with male oriented scripts, she was seen in female centric movies with more women empowerment themes that number up to 15 flicks.
17. She has won 5 Film Fare awards, 5 Tamil Nadu State Government Awards and she gained accolade from Thandhai Periyar for her astounding performance in ‘Suriya Gandhi’.
18. In 1973, Sivaji Ganesan-Jayalalitha starrer ‘Pattikaatta Pattanama’ won the National Award for Best film. Likewise, the same duo featuring film ‘Deiva Magan’ was the National entry to Oscar Awards and it was the first ever Tamil movie as the official selection.
19. She owns a huge number of entitled names and the first one she gained in showbiz was in 1967 as ‘Cauvery Thandha Kalai Selvi’ and aftermath her name in movies was featured with ‘Kalai Chelvi’.
20. Believing that her role in films should be equivalent to that off male actors, she learnt cycling for the movie ‘Kumaripenn’ and car driving in ‘Deiva Magan’.
21. She has acted in several stage plays and one among them featured her alongside her mother titled ‘The Hold Truth, The de house of the August Moon’. She shared the stage drama alongside her close friend and personal advisor – Cho Ramasamy.
22. She was given a remuneration of Rs.5000 for playing the female lead role in MGR starrer ‘Kanni Thai’. Later on, she became the highest paid actress in the entire Indian film industry.
23. During the launch of her every movie, she would be seen performing special pooja at Agasthiyar temple in Mambalam, Thyagaraja Nagar.
24. Her real life mother Sandhya played her mother-in-law role in the Kannada movie ‘Nanna Karthavya’.
25. She got a tremendous opportunity of pairing opposite Superstar Rajinikanth in ‘Billa’, but she genuinely ignored the offer saying that she is completely out from the industry and is involved in the political affairs and doesn’t want to take a step back.
26. Having spread out her realms across the Indian film industry, Jayalalitha completed her film career playing the female lead role in ‘Nadhiyai Thedi Vandha Kadal’. Later she appeared as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu herself in ‘Neenga Nalla Irukkanum’.
Actress Adah Sharma shot to overnight fame with her debut film ‘1920’ following which her Telugu...
Superstar Rajinikanth has been relentlessly working upon his projects on par with his political...
Actor Vivekஇன்று முதல் கலாம் தலத்தில், புதிய தளத்தில், வளம் சேர்க்கக், களம் காணப் புறப்படும் கமல்...